Along with getting the reliable support of professional movers, you should consider hiring a moving company that has a Certified Moving Consultant (CMC) to help you really plan out your move to every last detail.
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED MOVING CONSULTANT?
A CMC refers to someone who is accredited through the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) after having passed a comprehensive exam on the regulations and customer requirements for interstate moves.
WHAT SERVICE DOES A CERTIFIED MOVING CONSULTANT PROVIDE?
A CMC is the first person who surveys the home or business. They assist with the in-home or in-office moving estimate by looking at the various items to be moved and figuring out the most efficient way to move them. They provide an accurate estimate of moving costs based on their visual assessment.The CMC will help schedule packing and storage, and will be there to guide the customer throughout the process.
HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME A CERTIFIED MOVING CONSULTANT? DOES A CMC GO THROUGH EXTRA TRAINING?
In order to become a CMC, an applicant must be currently working for an AMSA member company and have been working within the sales/customer service area for at least six months prior to applying for the certification. They must review designated CMC study materials or attend a CMC boot camp. The final step requires passing a written, proctored exam with a score of at least 80 percent. In order to maintain their certification, they must complete eight hours of continuing education each year.
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS OF HAVING A CERTIFIED MOVING CONSULTANT?
When moving under the watchful eye of a CMC, you can be confident in knowing that you're dealing with a knowledgeable salesperson who has gone above and beyond to educate themselves on the safest, most efficient ways to assist in your move.
- A CMC represents a fundamental competency and adherance to ethical conduct
- Has undergone additional education to ensure that they are always giving the best customer service in the industry
- Understands all of the different layers of the moving process and always ensure quality service
- Consistently strive for superior customer service
- Consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving and storage services available, while adhering strictly to a policy of truth, honesty, integrity and fairness in all business transaction.